Thursday, November 15, 2012

Who's in the Old Tree?

Using a tri-fold presentation board, I made what sort of resembles an oak tree. I covered it in crumpled brown kraft paper, so it would look like bark and cut a hole in the center. I added kraft paper tree limbs and faux autumn oak leaves.

Since I was using this skit with my toddler group, I placed the tree up high on our lectern and I could easily manipulate the puppets behind the tree. The children were mesmerized, especially when the spider popped out.

I used a familiar song we sing and adapted it to this skit.

Puppets:
As many animals and insects as you want to live in your oak tree. I used:
a cardinal
a squirrel
a spider

Props:
A tree with a cut-out for the animals to peek out of.

"Who's in the Old Tree?"
Who's in the old tree,
the old tree, the old tree?
Who's in the old tree?
I don't know!
Let's find out!

This was easy and satisfyingly simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment